Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Inevitable

The time has come. I knew it was coming but it doesn't make it any easier. I must go back to work. In less than 24 hours from now I will have just finished my first shift back. I have been having small panic attacks the last two days just thinking about it. At least Savannah will not have to go to daycare since both sets of grandparents have graciously offered to watch Savannah while we are at work. I am also thankful that this work week is only one day so we can have a test run before going back full time!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Cyndi, I linked over from your siggy on BBC. My son Parker (born 03-30-09) has PRS. He is 22 months old and had his palate repair at 8 1/2 months, so we are about 13 months post palate repair and he is doing perfectly. Our experiences sound so similar. Parker's cleft wasn't found until about 5 hours after he was born when he wouldn't latch to nurse. I sent him back to the nursery for the anchor nurse to check in on him, and he went straight to the NICU. Unfortunately we spent a lot longer there than Savannah. We were in the NICU for three and a half weeks with an NG tube because he was a very poor feeder. We came home with an NG tube for a few more weeks and home health care until he got a better handle on eating. We live in the metro Atlanta area, Parker is treated at the Center for Craniofacial and Speech Disorders at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA). We love our cleft team and the Craniofacial Center and feel so fortunate to live so close to such excellent care. Even more convenient was the fact that the hospital I delivered at was across the street from CHOA!

    Please feel free to send me a note at any time, I would be more than happy to chat with you about our experience. We have been where you are!

    I am a fantastically horrible blogger and haven't updated my blog in FOREVER, but Parker's birth and surgery stories are there if you would like to check it out:

    http://wwwrottenrascal.blogspot.com/

    I am also on FB - Cyndi Mobley Gardner if you would like to look me up, send me a note or friend me.

    ReplyDelete