Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Now Recovering.

Savannah had her surgery today. Overall it went well. She had ear tubes placed, her palate repaired and her tongue tie snipped. She has a suture holding her tongue forward at the moment and a tube in her nose to help her breathe. She is very very swollen right now and she is currently being monitored in the ICU to see if she needs to be intubated to help with breathing. She is in a lot of pain and is doing a lot of moaning and crying. They are keeping her well sedated and medicated in an effort to keep her as comfortable as possible.

I don't quite know what I was thinking but this is so much more difficult than I expected. This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I am sure Brian would agree. At least each day should get easier from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment