Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gaining weight

Savannah and I visited her pediatrician's office on Friday. I was concerned about her weight gain and wanted to discuss it with her doctor. Unfortunately her doctor was out of town and I met with a physicians assistant that was less than helpful. Savannah had gained one ounce for the entire week, not the 3 to 5 ounces we were hoping for. The rice cereal was just not working for us. Savannah was eating half as much as she was before and was sleeping too much. One of the side effects of a belly full of rice cereal.

So we stopped giving Savannah rice cereal on Friday and started supplementing her milk with some powdered formula to add extra calories. She has been eating well and has been eating more than she normally does. We are hoping she keeps it up. Today we took her to Mary Birch Hospital because they have a scale in the New Beginnings gift shop. The news was good! She gained two ounces in two days. Our next appointment is on December 2nd with our nurse at the cleft clinic. I am hoping she weights over 9lbs but I will still be happy for any weight gain!

On another good note they had a cute Christmas tutu in the gift shop that I just had to have for Savannah. So hopefully this week I will get some good photos for this year's Christmas card. We also stopped by Party City to pick up a Santa suit for Brian....yes, let your imagination run. :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous news, made my day! So glad the formula addition is working!! Keep it up Savannah!!

    ReplyDelete