Monday, November 1, 2010

One month old today!

Wow, Savannah is one month old today! She is doing well and the Prilosec seems to be working. Her feedings are no longer frantic screaming matches and we are hoping it continues this way! Also things are finally starting to feel "normal".  I no longer dwell on the fact that she has a cleft and I just see her as my perfect little girl. Sure, she has to eat from a bottle but so do lots and lots of non-cleft babies. She may nurse from a slightly different bottle and she will need surgery but other than that she is no different than any other baby her age. It only took me four weeks to figure that out and I hope other cleft parents figure it out sooner, as it makes life much less stressful.

On the 1st of each month I plan to take a profile and body picture. Also this month I tried to take a picture of her cleft. I will try to get a better picture in the future.






4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! What a beautiful girl you have!! Thanks for the palate pictures, helps us understand her journey. I can't get over her hair! At 5 weeks Bryn lost all of her fuz (I was convinced I kissed it away) and had the worst acne. LOL, they are always changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are hoping that her hair doesn't fall out but I think that it is inevitable. She is also going through a bad acne phase but thankfully photoshop clears it right up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so cute sitting in her big chair! Glad the Prilosec is working, hope we can get together soon!! How is Scout adjusting to his little sister?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scout has been doing well so far but it has only been one day since we brought him home. I am hoping he continues to be on his best manners!

    ReplyDelete