Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sav's 1st County Fair!

Today was opening day for the San Diego County Fair. I have never been on opening day before but I think we will now make it a family tradition. There were no crowds; it was wonderful. Savannah seemed to have a great time and particularly enjoyed playing in the straw in the farm section and watching all of the barnyard animals. I think she could have sat there all day. We also stayed until it was dark and Savannah loved watching the lights on the midway. We have unlimited admission passes and are looking forward to going again next week. Everyone had a lot of fun today!






Our exhibits also did well. The jeep collection won third place in the fair theme division. (The theme this year is "Race to the fair".) The Garfield Collection won 1st place in the famous faces division. I didn't place in photography again this year but I did get two honorable mentions which I am very proud of! Overall it was a great day and I can't wait to enter next years fair!
 Jeep Collection- 3rd place Home and Hobby (collections)

 Garfield Collection- 1st place Home and Hobby (collections)

 "Rising Sun"- Honorable Mention, abstract photography

"Angus in pink"- Honorable Mention, pet photography
......
This year's photography division stats- over 4100 photos submitted and approximately 1400 accepted. Professionals and amateurs compete together and I had 6 out of 9 photos accepted!
.....

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Congrats on all of that...I've always loved the pictures you post on here! :) Sounds like the fair was a success all around!

    ReplyDelete